Monday, November 11, 2013

Star of India (tall ship)

Day 5- So today we got out a small zodiac motor boat, and went in search of the Star of India, a HUGE tall ship.  When we found it, we were pleasantly surprised to find that 2 other tall ships were out!  I think my favorite part of the day was hearing to seasoned sailors critique the sailing techniques of the tall ships, and also admire the majesty and usage of different sails. I am learning tons about sailing already, but I am also realizing there is TONS to learn. Also it was my first time out on the water with the Captain and First Mate, so that was really exciting for me too.  At one point our little boat go rammed by a much larger boat, it was pretty crazy! The whole thing was one of those once in a lifetime experiences.

Sorry about the video, it was my first time using the head strap for my gopro camera, and it turns out all my video was facing a little too high.  Enjoy!



Thanks for the prayers, keep it real!

1 comment:

  1. I like this music better than the Nut cracker stuff. Cool video :)

    ReplyDelete