Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Hauling Out!

So this past weekend we hauled the boat out,  which means we took the boat out of the water.  This meant that we had to take the boat across the bay to a different pier where they used cranes to pull the boat out.  From there they power washed the boat and cleaned off the bottom, and then the 3 of us painted 4 coats of paint on the boat.  It was hard work, but it was a good learning experience as well.  Also I got to take the helm for part of the time and learned about navigating channels, and some other stuff like that.  It was pretty cool. Here's a video of the experience.  The music is by Odd Us, you should check them out. (It's a former Survivor winner, Aras)


 So the current plan is to set sail next Monday or Tuesday, so I am hoping to post one more time, before these posts become less frequent.  My goal will be to post once a week, but I am at the mercy of the sea (I love the way that sounds- mercy of the sea, I am going to try to say that more).

thanks for the prayers, keep it real.

No comments:

Post a Comment