Thursday, November 7, 2013

First day as a crew member...

Ok, so it's 5pm on my first day as a crew member, and I think it's best to start with a story... After arriving late the night before my jet lag has been pretty rough, and so I got about 3 hours of sleep last and was up around 4am, so at 7am, we got together to head off to breakfast.  So there's Mike, the captain, and Joe the retired naval officer as the other 2 on the boat (I'll probably do a "meet the crew" post down the road).  So this is literally the very first real conversation I have had with these guys:

Me: So have you guys been to Korea before?
Joe: Ya a couple of times...[he proceeds to tell me a few stories]...and then back in the 60s I was on a DMZ tour on the South side and the officer that was showing us around found a soldier that was suppose to be guarding the line sound asleep.  The officer then pulled out his gun and shot the guard in the head on the spot.
Me: Oh wow!?!? For real?!? I am pretty sure Korea has changed their policies since then.
Mike: Well, we are old school.  Joe told you this story so you know what happens if you ever fall asleep while you're on watch.

So, yeah, this trip is going to be pretty awesome.  Even though I am pretty sure he was joking, I am NOT going to sleep at watch.  From there we went to breakfast at a Mexican restaurant, and then we ran some errands, and stopped by the boat.

So, thanks to Kevin Midkiff for the suggestion, my Christine action figure will be named Teeny, as in Teeny Steeny (Steeny being a pet name I have for Christine). So Teeny had a chance to visit the boat too...
Teeny sees the Whistle Wing V for the first time! 

 Teeny decides to take a nap in my bunk

Eventually I'll do a video tour of the whole boat, but right now you can see a little better my set up.  Where the green blanket is, on the right side of the metal pole is my sleeping area.  Where Teeny is hanging out is my storage space.

Teeny is getting into our food storage! Typical.

Well, now it's time to head off to dinner with Joe. Coronado is a beautiful area, and the weather is amazing here.  

Thanks for the prayers, keep it real!

5 comments:

  1. Yay I feel like part of the adventure. Thanks for the chance to name your sextoy !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, has your crew seen your toy? Ohboy....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kevin- uuuuuuh....
    Aaron- haha ya, I had to tell them about it ahead of time, not weird them out. They got a laugh out of it, when I was to dinner with Joe tonight he even reminded me to take a picture with her and him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teeny looks like she's doing a pole dance in the napping picture

    ReplyDelete